As a figure skater’s skate cuts into the ice during the perfect sit-spin, the waterjet has a similar motion as it cuts using a small stream of water to erode material along a predefined path to create eye-catching shapes. Both earning the perfect “6” from the judges.
At the last Glass Build America show, I thought it was very interesting that not many attendees knew Stylmark had a Flow Mach 3 4020B with Dynamic XD (4m x 2m) waterjet and is one of the few manufactures who can waterjet aluminum and anodize that same material all under one roof. And not only does the waterjet cut aluminum but a host of other materials including:
• Glass / Mirrors
Stylmark’s waterjet cut accuracy and work envelope encompasses:
• Materials up to 1” thick cut with 0.001” to 0.003” tolerance
• Over 1” cut with 0.005” to 0.010” tolerance
• Cut up to 7” thick
• Work envelope of 80” x 158”
• Can cut intricate parts with tight radius
• Bevel cutting using Dynamic XD, head can tilt 60 degrees each direction from vertical axis
Stylmark can cut logos and anodize them out of aluminum to match the rest of the store décor including showcases, light boxes and fitting room systems creating a unified brand message. Or for example, if you are having your log cut out of granite, Stylmark can work with you to find an anodized aluminum match for your other store elements.